bad luck comes in three. I hope that’s not thru because i'm alreday down to two.. First the stone crack on my windscreen two days after collecting the car. And yesterday my car tyre not only went flat but tore apart in the middle of freeway at 8 in the morning. okie, its partly my fault for not checking the tires before I started and when I realized the car was vibrating a bit I pressed on the accelerator just to check if its just something in the car or what.( can you believe that) then I called my bro asking if it was the same when he drove it to KL the night before. He said nothing like that. we somehow concluded it must be the alignment (though its barely 2 months since I got it) until the vibrating got worst and I had pull over. I opened the door and damn the smell of the burned rubber. Too late. it was gone. The other part of the fault lies on the type pressure indicator in the car. (meaning on bmw!!) The indicator did not show the low pressure. So much for all that feature!
So I called the PLUS helpline. They came 20 minutes later (pretty good for the rush hour) but couldn't do much as the spare tyre of the car is at the bottom and they didn't have the right jack. Then I called BMW hotline (should have done that in the first place) . They suggested sending the tow truck since the service centre is only 20 minutes away and its faster.. I agreed and you know what? It took them ONE hour to get there. Apparently he had to go all the way to Nilai since I was just a few kilometers away from the KLIA exit heading North.. Which is true so I wont blame. Then I had to wait for him to get the car on the truck and back to the service centre. By the time I sorted the paperwork and they guys there dropped me off the office was close to noon! the once in a blue moon day I happened to have a meeting in the office. some luck eh!?
I know the car cost me a bomb. But little did I realize that maintaining it will be double the bomb! the so called ‘specially’ made screen cost RM 3K! Thank God it was insured. Aut0bavaria agreed to pay for the next premium, good for me. and thank God the windscreen claim doesn’t effect my NCB. And now the tire. Will cost at least five to six hundred bucks. you want a 17 inch tire, be ready to pay for it! too late now..
Tuesday, 29 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment