- started the year with a girlie rendezvous in Paris where we had a chance to see Paris with a Parisian; stayed at her parents French apartment, eating at her local hangouts. 4 girls, shopping, eating, cocktails and all in Paris, need I say more??
- the ‘big’ trip of the year which started in Amsterdam to Prague to Vienna to Salzburg to Rome to Cinque Terra to Sorrento, Amalfi and finally Naples. Awesome trip where I fell in love with Italy all over again! Highlight of the trip was the five days in Rome. my first solo holiday. Couldn't hv chosen a better place. I chose a familiar city for safety reasons but wandering around the cobble streets of Rome, making friends with strangers n just immersing in a different city on my own was enlightening. In many more ways than I can describe. I'm planning to do it again this year, the solo traveling I mean. Perhaps a less commercialized city this time. See how I fare in cities with less tourists. :)
- AP’s wedding in Bali. A beautiful wedding of a handsome couple with a lovely backdrop! Thanks AP for having me there!
- Perhentian island for my PADI license! I’m a certified diver, woohoo! just talking about it takes me to the awe of the underwater world and the most amazing ‘graduating party’ we had with the dive instructors on our last day there. Dun think I had that much of fun when I graduated my BSc or MSc even!
- Summer in London and Den Haag. Being in London till a few days before the Olympics, was amazing! The whole atmosphere was different! and crush I have on Den Haag after a weekend cycling trip is going to last forever. I just know it. Thanks SS!
- Barcelona & Amsterdam with sister and sister in law! Great weather, amazing company and LOTS of SHOPPING! To sum it all.
- Finally, to wrap the year, Krabi with SI and NB.. a short and sweet one. weather was so so, can’t say I was too impressed with Krabi but the great company made it all worth!
Friday, 4 January 2013
goodbye 2012, welcome 2013
Here we are in 2013. A brand new year. Where did 2012 go??
I know. It's been forever since my last post. I think of things to write about all the time but I never make the time to follow through. In the mean time, however, I did want to take a few minutes to reflect on the past year.. and be thankful for the memories. It has been a good year overall. But big ups or downs (thank God).. No new job or new home or new anything. But I can say it saw me as mostly a happy n content person.
I travelled a bit as usual. both for work n pleasure. Work wise, Holland has become like a second home. London being the third. (which is always a pleasure!) While the travel to holland was and is quite extensive, my friends there make it so bearable. My Dutch family as I call them :) I've even developed a little crush on the city of Den Haag! :) so thank you NS and SS for the hospitality and warm welcome! And London for the open arm and homely feel!
Pleasure travel wise, I managed to tick a few of my must sees this year, and revisited some places:
That’s the travel. Work has also been great. Lots of travelling up and down Holland and London, and the last 5 months especially were very hectic I hardly had time for friends n other social activities, but I enjoyed every bit of the challenge n diversity it brought. While I'm a little upset that my boss is moving on, I'm looking forward to another year of excitement at work! Bring it on!
Nothing else to comment. So, to draw a close to my ramble ; Overall, 2012 has been nothing but kind to me and I cannot say enough about how grateful I am to God and all the wonderful people in my life. my family, friends n colleagues. I am totally psyched and ready for 2013 - a year in which I think big and amazing things are going to happen! I can feel it! Whenever I strive for "the impossible," I'm always surprised to discover that the limits are far beyond my expectation. Here's to pushing those boundaries and making the most of 2013, filling it with love and laughter!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment