Tuesday, 3 October 2006

life.. drama

I'm suppose to continue on the Poland trip but am a bit too lazy now.. so, I'll wrap the trip up as a 'breather from the buzzling London!'. The past weekend was nothing to shout about. Had my farewell dinner with some close colleagues on Friday night.. got a little too carried away with the drinks and spend most of Saturday hung over.

Can't believe that my flight's in 2 days time and I'm no where near prepared. Well, got the luggage out of the garage if that counts. and managed to do a bit of shopping over lunch. The best part of all this is still the fact that i'm leaving on Wednesday (or so I think) and I haven’t got my passport and visa yet(!) My trip to the Indian High Commission on Friday turned out to be a mini disaster. Was told that it takes 5 working days to issue visa for non British passport holders. you can't blame me entirely. the blurdy travel agent said it takes only a day, plus I needed the passport for the Poland trip. well okie, I should have checked myself, but.. u know.. So anyway, I've submitted the application and passport. fingers crossed, I'll get them by wed evening. or I'll have to plot a scene to get their sympathy.. and adding to the fun is that my tix from Bombay to KL could not be issued without a visa. brilliant. so, that now has to wait till I get there on Thursday. This must be the most disorganised trip eva! either way, I can see a wonderful next two days! what more with tom being my last day at work. all the exit and clearance stuff.. ! eeerrrggghhhh!!

I thought about postponing the flight by a day or two to be on the safer side, but the next available flight is only on Saturday. what am i to do for the next 4 days?! So, I'm now taking the risk (not clever, i know) but I'm not really bothered. whats the worst case scenario? I'll end up spending an extra few days in Bombay… Or miss my flight to Bombay and declare personal bankruptcy by buying a new ticket!

No comments: