Thursday, 21 January 2010

VK's long overdue visit

While I sometimes do wish I could just hop on Ryanair or easyjet to Venice or Barcelona or Amsterdam for a weekend away, I'm now appreciating what we've got at this part of the world. (not that i've given up on the other side. no). i was born, brought up and did a lot og holidaying with my family in and around Maalysia. and more in America and few other parts of the worl, thanks to my dad. but it was in Europe that I actually started travelly out of my own pocket. kind of explainn why i havent done much here. funny how the cocausions love it here while most of us would do a lot to get the other side. the grass is always greener the other side eh! what they say about not appreciating what’s near to us. its been 3 years since i got back from London. i've been to a couple of places around here. I always think about the wealth of treasure lying just beyond my doormat, that I’ve never made an initiative to visit. though I have tried to do a bit here and there, during business trips and all, I do have quite a long list of would'like'to see in the near future around Malaysia and SE Asia. AirAsia has been and is a blessing that way. reasonable price and it's ever expanding routes. lets see if i can get some good bargains this year..

in the spirit of seeing places domestically and appreciating whats around me, VK is coming down on a 2 weeks holiday next week. A long overdue visit S and I have been looking forward to. We've both taken some time off to spend time with him. so, it's kind of a vacation for me too :)The initial plan was to go Kota Kinabalu, but due to time constraint and S can’t make it, we decided to make the most of peninsular.. A road trip to explore Malaysia’s sights and greens. Too bad we can’t do the coasts because of Monsoon. Then again, coming from Greece, the beach can't be on his must-do list..

S is taking him to Penang the first few days since I cant take time off then. the plan when they return is; Batu caves for Thaipusam; then head down south to Singapore dropping by Melaka on the way. 2 days in Singapore (manage to schedule a couple of meetings in SG office to safe a trip down later in the month :) then back to Seremban . Followed by 2 nights in Cameron Highlands; Orangutan island in Bukit Merah on the way back. another day in Sekinchan, a paddy village in Kuala Selangor to get the feel of kampung life. And back to KL the next day. Might drop by some places in Perak on the way up and down CH.. haven’t done my research on whats there and not. I’m actually looking forward to the trip..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi.i read yr entire blog for 2 days.felt like reading a novel.i learned many thgs tru yr experience.thanks.all the best
-anita-