Thursday, 31 August 2006

Autumn Days

I enjoy music. audio, to me is one of the greatest invention by mankind. Won't dare call myself a fanatic, but am in some way an addict. I like sleeping with the music on. simply coz I love waking up to music and thank God I'm a sound sleeper.. so, I woke up this morning to magicFM playing one of my favourite or rather memorable hymn - Autumn Days by Estelle White.. and for a moment there, I was back in my primary school! I sang it at my year 4 annual day performance. although I confess I always get told for shouting 'my home team' part but still get away with it (grinning in remembrance). There were about 10 of us in the group (if I'm not mistaken) we all loved it and used to shout on the bit where it goes musn't FORGETTTTTTTT! lol our English teacher, Miss Jenny Goh, who trained us, used to always roll her eyes at that but we didn't care.. neither did she. talking about Miss Jenny, how can I ever forget her? or my bro for that matter. she is the one who told my mum that we needed to get our eyesight checked.. can u believe it, same teacher complained about both of us? she was my bro's English teacher as well.. I used to blame her for the ugly plastic framed spectacles that was awfully big! its really funny.. now, back to the song.. thinking of it now, sounds so silly! jet plaines meeting in the air to be refueled???? hahaha! another one that remains pleasant in my mind would be the ever famous Top of the World by the Carpenters.. sang that during secondary 1 choir. plain brilliant!

anyway.. time flies doesn't it? the most awaited summer is over. Autumn is a gentle hand on the shoulder.. Autumn, by far my favourite season. When the trees put on their colors, green, orange, gold , red.. kicking our way through the leaf litter on our walks, the winds that bring tangy smells and raspy whispers through the forest, are simple pleasures in life. But the savor of the season, I think, has a lot to do with the reminder of how limited it all is. asking us to enjoy this time before the cold clamp of winter comes down.. (sigh)

No comments: