So much has happened and still happening. Your last birthday is so fresh in memory. You were in hospital, feeling much better and I sent you those daisies you loved with 'Get well soon' message. You were so happy, displayed them by your bedside table (I even have the pictures), proudly, just as proud as you spoke of me to your friends always.. How is it that it feels like just yesterday, you said those 'take care' and then, I never heard from you again... miss you ma. ever so much.
I would give anything just see you. to argue with you over silly nothings. hear your wake up call from halfway across the world. your calls in the wee hour because you once again forgot the time difference... these little things I took for granted when you were here seem priceless now. But mummy, you are and will always be on my mind..
***************
Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind
Memories, sweetened through the ages just like wine
Quiet thoughts come floating down
And settle softly to the ground
Like golden autumn leaves around my feet
I touched them and they burst apart with sweet memories,
Sweet memories...
Of holding hands and red bouquets
And twilights trimmed in purple haze
And laughing eyes and simple ways
And quiet nights and gentle days with you
Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind
Memories, sweetened through the ages just like wine,
Memories, sweet memories...
Of holding hands and red bouquets
And twilights trimmed in purple haze
And laughing eyes and simple ways
And quiet nights and gentle days with you....- elvis presley
Monday, 10 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
There is no better word in this world than 'mother'
take care...
I am sure she is watching u and guiding u always...
Take care dear.
to tell u that i understand ur feelings right now, is silly. wht ur feeling now is deeper and only u and ur family is going through it. At least u got the guts to open up and tell wht ur feeling dear. i can feel the sorrow too...even my mum calls me everyday. i cannot imagine if i don't get her calls anymore. all i can say is be strong girl....enjoy ur christmas...
Happy New Year 2008!!!
you've been tagged. check this out.
http://gnatasha.blogspot.com/2008/01/im-tagged-pick-your-month.html
u've been tagged yet again..and still not doing it...grrrr...
http://gnatasha.blogspot.com/2008/02/six-unimportant-things-about-me.html
Post a Comment