Tuesday, 19 February 2008

Six Unimportant Things about Me

Nat called up the other day reminding me to reply this tag.. Its been a while, a band new year already.. will update things between then and now some other time..
for now, here it is..

The Six Unimportant Things about Me
1. I love shopping!
2. I can sleep anywhere, anytime.. even when the flight lands & takes off
3. I’m afraid of heights and loath windy roads
4.I enjoy cooking
5.I hate scary movies
6.I love to mix & match my accessories

Since this is way overdue, I’m not tagging anyone. Feel free to those who feel like it..

On a totally different note, the election is around the corner and I’m very very sad (more like ashamed of myself really, Yes, I’m not registered to vote). Way too many people have commented, but I only have myself to blame. So yes, I’m guilty as charged..

But there is something else about this that pisses me off.. Malaysian citizens not residing in the country are lawfully not allowed to exercise their rights.. No, not even in the embassy. With exceptions to military personnel, students, staff of embassies and high commissions and their spouses. What rubbish?! “The law does not provide for ordinary citizens living abroad to cast postal votes.” Whatever they mean by ordinary citizens? How does working abroad makes one less Malaysian? newsfeed on The Star..

2 comments:

Mirebella said...

Yes, its pissing me off big time when I realised that I could not vote simply because I am unable to come back to my constituency this time around (I was back in Malaysia the last time we had elections). Its typical Govt propaganda - coz they are afraid of loosing power as Malaysians abroad (unless they are Govt officials or students (who are usually Govt sponsored)) are deemed to susceptible to "outside" influences are likely to vote against the Govt.

It still makes my blood boil. What about your rights? Democracy indeed - NOT!

Bookwormz said...

Hi...something out of the subject. Yes,I am in Bangsar. Want to meet up earlier with u and Saro, but I can't seem to get hold of her. Would love to meet both of u in Seremban. If not, let's meet up any time u r not outstationed. how about next Tuesday? near KL,PJ?