Monday, 19 June 2006

Thanks dad!

In todays complex landscape of contemporary family relations, I still believe that "thank you" can speak volumes. Its Father's day today. I thought I'll take this opportunity to thank my dad, who is the role model in my life.. what better time to capture my memories with him than now. I can't thank him enuff for believing in me, for giving me more than what I've always needed, for letting me make decisions for myself (though yes, he always had the final say!).. my parents always had the trust in me, and I value that trust. That trust gave us both freedom and a strong relationship.. My dad's been a person I can talk about anything to. so, Thanks Dad, for everything you taught us, and the things you are still teaching us, gave us and still giving us.. thanks for teaching me to stand on my own (though we can't quite agree that I am totally on my own just yet)..

The 4th for a 5 siblings, my dad's the only one who furthered his education.. he has always been there for his family. I cant remember how many times my cousins would have said things like, "I wouldn't have got this job if not for your dad", "I wont be here if not for him! my uncle said " we cannot forget how much your dad has done for the family" and the list goes on.. . I know they are all very thankful to my dad.. so am I, for all the support he has given me and everyone else in the family over the years.. What makes his support particularly special is the fact that it has always come without conditions, or the expectation of some return for it. I value this support tremendously, along with his wisdom and experience (yah, including the never-ending stories of how he had to walk 2 km to school or the 5 cents my grandma gave for school!)

Thanks, Dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just did a blog for my dad yesterday as well. It's so nice to have a dad isn't it! Thank God for fathers!
Natasha.