Wednesday, 27 June 2007

charming medicine, georgous *McDreamy













image nicked from here


N got me the complete 3 seasons of Grey's Anat0my DVD. (thanks sweetie!) and I'm now reliving all my fantasies with McDreamy!! I've always like medical shows, since *ER and Chicago Hope back then. my fav is still *ER. i'm talking about the one back then with Ge0rge Cl00ney in. 830pm every Tuesdays on TV2, i'm soo glued in front of the telly, i remember very clearly. its still the best medical program on TV before and since. melodramatic, yet procedural. amazing how Cl00ney is just as charming after all these years. did anyone see him on 0ceans 13 premier? dashing!
Then there are *Scrubs and H0use, which are not bad either. *Scrubs is more of a sitcom. simply hilarious. wherelse H0use, very much like CH where though still melodramatic, the cases are far complex and a lot of attention given to details of medical terms and the approaches in resolving them.

but Grey's is a typical soap, not quite a hospital procedural. a drama with lust & ambition put together with jealousy & insecurity. not all of us would like that in a medical drama. but I see this as television, entertainment, not a trip to the doctor, after all. so, its fun. Apart from the charming Dr. Shepperd a.k.a McDreamy, my favourite character in the show is Dr.Bailey or 'The Nazi' , a short, charming, 'I take no-nonsense' senior resident who is in charge of the interns. her tough appearance with a sweet soft side is just so intriguing. All the characters have something to it. romance and fun aside, each convey a message that a lot of us can relate to our own lives. Except for that Cristina character which is played by Sandra 0h. can someone do something about her? I can't stand that women!

and the soundtrack. how can I miss that? The context and story within which each of the songs chosen appears in the show is superb. They all compliment the scenes perfectly. I've got all the songs downloaded on my peecee, but nothing beats listening to it while watching the show simultaneously. Snow Patr0l's Chas1ng Cars will be it if I had to pick one, but they are all good. Here is Chas1ng cars soundtrack/video from youtube with scenes from different episodes of the show. simply awesome!

and NOPE, i'm not lending my DVDs to anyone. period.

1 comment:

Sangeeta said...

Wrote a post about this recently ... I absolutely LOVE this show!! also like Dr Bailey, but i love izzy too. Can't stand Meredith!