just like that. I lost my 5 hours old phone last friday in Midvaley. I was with N, having coffee at C0ffeebean when i last used it. no clue how i lost it after that. I reminded her of her phone on the table, and am pretty sure I took mine before we left the place. but when i dug in my bag for it about 5 mins later, it was gone. the only possibility that makes sense is it dropped out off the bag when i stood up to leave in C0ffeebean. Even then, the phone is big enough that i would have at least noticed if not heard it. The damn phone was given by my firm only that afternoon. and I managed to loose it on the same day! havent had the guts to tell them about it though. come on, i've been with the firm for like 2 weeks, what kind of impression will that give? the only solution i can think for now is, buy a similar phone to replace it. nobody needs to know, except of course, the IT Support guys who'll need to re-synchronize my e-mails in it. thats so much better than the HR, Finance and not to mention my boss who'll need to approve the new PO knowing.
and you know whats the worst of all? though i'm known for being a big spender, mobile phone is one stuff i can never justify spending more than necessary on. to me, they are liabilities and i'm not a gadget person either. as long as i can receive and make calls, send SMSs, i'm fine. And now, i have to fork out a blardy unnecessary 2K for nothing! at least thats what i was told it costs. so, anyone knows where I can get bargain phones in KL?
Coming to think of it, i lost my laptop less than a month after joining *EY a few years back when someone broke-in my car in *Bangsar. They took the laptop from my car boot when it was parked less than a hundred metres away from me. and I had to pay for it because leaving the laptop in the car boot was still considered self-negligence. I still can't figure why wouldn't an aud1t firm with 90% of their employees carrying a laptop insure them?
now, this is what I call an unfortunate co-incidence.
Tuesday, 26 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
darn - hopefully u can find away around from having to buy the mobile -
ps was ey a nice experience? the coincidence is interesting
Post a Comment