Monday, 18 June 2007

i'm sorry dear

'I must blog about this' is what I think whenever something interesting happens or occurs to my mind. But I never get around doing in.

N came down the previous Sunday to visit her ill aunt who unfortunately passed away 3 days later. God bless her soul. She had been suffering from breast cancer for a while. Just after her first visit to the hospital last Monday, N called and said, ‘I could have sworn it was the wrong room if my other aunties weren’t in there’. She apparently looked much worn-down and helpless with the after effects of chemo and was on oxygen support. By then the docs had almost given up, saying it was matter of days. She was in so much of pain and suffered her last few days in a way one might even be glad she passed away, no longer suffering. My heart goes out to N and her family. It’s so sad that those few days are going to be part of their memories of her aunt who’ve always been known as a very cheerful /jovial/ sporting person. Though at times i felt N was so lucky to have spent the last few days by her aunt, I’m not too sure if they are worth the agony of seeing someone you love so much going thru all those pain. Especially when it isn't the first in the family. perhaps not.

And to N, I’m truly sorry this has to happen to you, again. I know how much Aunty S meant to you. She was a loving and loveable character who had a very good life, while it lasted. Compared to so many others we know. Lets be thankful for that.

On a seperate note, i'm into the 2nd week in my new job. So far so good. Even the commuting doesn't seem as bad. perhap a bit too early to comment, but what the heck.

1 comment:

Visithra said...

hey how are you - hows work been ;)

sorry about ur friends aunt