Sunday, 4 May 2008

Kam.. in y0ur face

continuing from the last post on the eventful past weeks..

with an aching-all-over body, thanks to the skytrek-king ‘adventure’ and the weeklong activities, I made it to the airport for the 8.05am flight on Monday morning. to Singapore, only not to find my name on the passenger list. Talk about being lucky. I was on a SQ flight coach share with MAS, but neither had my name. I was so sick of having to walk across the damn airport from one corner to the other twice (yes, MAS counters are on one corner and SQ on the other), decided to just buy a new ticket. will deal with the double bookings later. Or more like I’ll deal with the travel agent. It was too early to get them on the phone, and i wasn't in the best mood do much. And that was how it all started. the week.

The following two days of meeting was not any less exciting than I’d expected. lost count on the number of times I had to grit my teeth just not to say the wrong thing. not to offend anyone really. Had conference call with my boss every single evening this week discussing things neither of us had a solution. Duh. though. Wish I could say more but right now, but sandwiched between two giants, is perhaps the closest to describe the situation.. Got back from kiasu-land (my ever loving nick name for Singapore) on Thursday evening. Not only that nothing changed, i have a feeling things only got worst. :( despite all, managed to go on a short retail therapy whilst there. No sweat, no regrets. Done deed.

And on friday evening, me and N were at Actor Studio, Bangsar for the Kam in your face, a supposedly Musical Carbaret Comedy.. to sum up in a sentence, the 82 bucks could have been put for better use. like 3 margaritas perhaps? the stand up comedy by Joanne Kam at the beginning was probably the only part of the entire show that made a very little of the penny worth. That women, with all her sexual innuendos and passing remarks on sensitive or rather politically sensitive topics was bold and fun. definitely not for the under 18s.

basically, despite the colourfulness and humour, the whole show didn't seem to have much of a flow. Some of the jokes came out as trying-too-hard and the casts we so so. some just couldn't sing. but to be fair, the choice of songs performed were rather good. So were the dancers, though I must say the pole dance and Susan Lancaster didn’t go all that well. you are not 20 any longer women. So, would I even pay 62 bucks (the cheapest seat which by the way was made fun of in the show) to watch this show? Hell, no...

5 comments:

Visithra said...

whoa the trek sounds fun - n this 2 posts r probably one of ur longest ;p

mala said...

ya, you can say that.. hehehe

Natasha said...

i'm glad you enjoyed the trex! and i guess you still have one more thing to blog about, 11th hour?...hehehe, i did one but it sounds really serious now when i read it again.

mala said...

indeed, i should. and about Leo & Kate too. everyone at home loved the pair!

Bookwormz said...

Whoa, a blog marathon from Mala!! I'll be going to London on 22nd, wanna anything from there? and also, we haven't meet each other yet so far. Would love to try ur magaritha? When can meet hah??