Wednesday, 4 June 2008

hey there delilah..

I love music. but only the ones that doesn't cause noise pollution (except when I'm dancing of course) you know what I mean. the slower paced ones. the rainy day or Sunday morning over a cuppa kinda songs. I wrote about Micheal Buble's Home some long time ago. been a huge fan since M introduced him a few years ago. maybe because I love oldies. sadly some call him a poser. a friend once said he shouldn't overwrite the legends. but i don't think he is. not that he is trying to be the next Sinatra or anything. He has and do openly admit bringing back the music he grew up listening to and loves so much. look at the positive side. he is bringing back great classics for the new generation who may never know them otherwise..

Some songs score for the tune and many other for the lyrics. then there are songs that just feels good, you form an immediate attachment. I'll do a post on my list of that one day. but for now, I'm obsessed with Plain White T's Hey there Delilah song. the song was released close to two years ago but only made its debut a year later went right into Grammies. another one of those I can replay ten times and still want more. the song is almost narrative, expressing young love in a simple, matter-of-fact way thats so sweet and touching. dunno, maybe its the husky voice over guitar or is it something about the way he sings the line “..we'll just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way....

1 comment:

Victoria Yin Yin said...

Wow..sweet blog u have..saw ur blog from blogmalaysia...Nice to meet u ^^


from princessBB
BByinlife.blogspot.com