Today marks one year with the firm. (has it been that long already?) my boss congratulated me last night during our weekly call. He remembered. not just the month but the date exactly (not sure if this is good or bad :). To sum it up, its been a great one year. If you remember, I took my time to look for a job whne i had to come back unexpectedly. I was giving up audit firm and that was a sure decision. But the client-end was too big to know for sure what’s best. I wanted something permanent/long term. or at least hopefully long term. Not another for-the-experience; enough of the job hopping though I could have done with more audit exposure. When I took this job, as much as I wanted it to be, I wasn’t so sure if this was going to be long term. but it didn’t take me long to know it could be. I fitted in much faster than I had expected and people have been kind to me. I’m not a particularly optimistic person but neither am I a pessimist. Do I love my life now? Yes I do to most extend and working towards loving every inch of it.
Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if things weren’t as they were. Not in terms of having mum around (that, I still do everyday) but career and my life generally. I don’t know. I had a good time in London. Always missed home but still good. Did a lot of stuff I’ve wanted to do. Traveled quite a bit and the short stint there played a big part in landing me to where I am today. Career wise. I’m happy here. So, while I don’t regret leaving London I’m not otherwise glad I did either. I met and worked with an amazing bunch of people, and couldn't possibly list them all here. I miss the Camaraderie. You guys know you who are. I’m still in touch with most (thanks to Facebook!) and so looking forward to the trip there in September. Hoping to catch up with all. It’s been more than a year!
adding to the one year anniversary, I'm also picking up my new car this evening!! (grinning). excited. will write about that tomorrow!
Wednesday, 11 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment