Tuesday, 17 April 2007

A stroll down the memory lane - Part 1

With the remote control in one hand (just finished watching Pr1de & Prejudice on HB0) and my latest favourite 'Iced Tea with asam boi' on the other, I was slouching on the sofa staring at the telly, not really watching it.. contemplating over getting some work on KE's website done before hitting the sack. But, here I am, blogging (instead).. I was flipping thru some old photos yesterday. its amazing how just looking at them can take you back in time, to the good old memories, and not to mention some stinky-pooh ones too.

Here's a stroll down my memory lane.. (the few digital photos i managed to locate from campus days back then.. last time all, where got dig-cam like now la?)
The first part is about the 6 of us, angelic housemates in UTM, also known as 'Puteri kancils' or 'Pulai gals' back then..

(click on the photo to flip thru)
These first 3 were taken on our last week in JB, right after the finals. We drove up to *Desaru for the day. the next one was also after finals. in Taman Indah (if i remember that right).. feels like just yesterday. that we were all in campus, moved into the house in *Pulai Utama, and the second. Its been 5 years now. of the six , 2 are married with kids, One just got married and another getting married in a couple of months. duh.

Then a shot during the graduation, only four of us though. Vith & Dhar graduated the following semester. Followed by the weddings, Dhar's, Suba's and the most recent, Vith's. The last two are were taken about a year or so ago. unfortunately Vith is not in both pic. one during my farewell to London at my hse in Sban and the other during Suba's baby shower. its queer how memories have a funny way of seeping through our lives in the most mundane yet conspicuous ways. just look at how we've all evolved with time. sigh.

I still remember how we vowed not to be like the other gals in campus, after graduation, your life yours and mine is mine. We planned to catch-up at least once a year and made some effort. we had our first reunion in PD about 8 months after graduation. and that was it. After that, though most of us were around *Klang valey, we hardly caught up. or not all 6 at once at least. every now and then some of us catch up for a drink or so, but otherwise reunions were made to coincide with weddings/engagements /baby showers etc. how convenient. Guess we're all too busy, or just getting by. And then there's that small matter of everyone having their own little lives and families to attend to and worry about. especially the married ones. but I have to say that despite that, we've always managed to keep in touch. we knew whats happening in each others' life. and i believe we will always be..

So anyways the whole flipping thru the photos thing made me feel a little nostalgic, took me back to some moments I miss most from the 4 years of mere fun & craziness we had in the name of undergrad studies... The girls were my pillar of emotional and moral support and confidantes during my adolescent years, one of the most important phase in our lives. we've had our ups & downs. spats & arguments. But If I had to do it all over again, I would still choose them five. Without a doubt. Without a blink. just sets my eyes bleeding with laughter and the heart pumping with ever lovely memories..

(yawn).. alrite. alrite. its about time I hit the sack. i've a very long day tom. night night.

3 comments:

Visithra said...

memories are always nice ;)

Anonymous said...

when back there after so many years. sadly I could only remember the bad ones more than the good ones. Even though everyone I went with were talking about the good olde times, I felt distant. :(

mala said...

Vis: they sure are! am planning on writing something on the diff phases in my life so far. especially about the people i've met along the way who hv contributed in some ways or other to the person I am today.

BM: i guess it was just a phase of your life. Just be glad you are over it. and I heard the place has changed a lot since, has it?